PARAMOUNT TALL CLUB OF CHICAGO SCHOLARSHIP
Applications for the 2013 year is CLOSED
Paramount Tall Club of Chicago (PTC) through the Paramount Foundation awards one $750 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who lives in the Chicagoland area and meets the height requirements of the club. The recipient of the PTC local scholarship may be nominated by PTC to be considered by Tall Clubs International (TCI) for its $1000 Kae Sumner Einfeldt and Virginia Linquist Winker scholarships.
To apply for the local PTC scholarship, you must meet our minimum height requirements of 5’10” for females and 6’2” for males, be a graduating high school senior, and plan to attend either a 2-year or 4-year college this fall. All materials submitted become the property of the Scholarship Committee. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Your complete application must be postmarked by January 28, 2013.
Use this link to download our 2013 scholarship form:
Most of this form can be filled out online before you print it.
Additional information about the TCI scholarships can be found at http://tall.org/tci-acts/scholarships-2/.
The following is a checklist of components for the complete application:
- Completed and signed 2-page Scholarship Application form for year 2013.
- Essay on “What Being Tall Means to Me,” using the form provided.
- Official high school transcript.
- Evidence of your ACT or SAT score.
- Two recommendation forms. One form is to be completed by an educator such as a coach, teacher, counselor, or principal. The second form must be completed by a member of the community, such as a church leader, employer, or volunteer supervisor. DO NOT use two educators for your recommendations because we are looking for well-rounded individuals. Neither recommendation may be from a relative, and both must be from adults.
As the applicant, it is your responsibility (not that of your parents or teachers) to ensure that ALL components are submitted to the Scholarship Committee. Parts of the application may be submitted separately or in one package; however, remember that incomplete applications will not be considered by the Scholarship Committee. Please be sure to use the latest form for your application. If you use a form from a previous year, your application will be rejected. Among other factors, the Scholarship Committee considers grades; school activities; community activities; content, clarity, and originality of essay; and strength of recommendations.
Please note that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of every application. Only local PTC finalists will be contacted by phone to set up a personal interview in March, and our scholarship recipient will be notified on or before March 31, 2013. Note that if you are contacted for a personal interview, your height will be measured. You must meet the club's height requirements to be eligible for the scholarship. There will be no exceptions.
If you need further information, you or your school’s scholarship coordinator may contact the Scholarship Committee Chairperson, Ms. Nancy Carroll, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.